Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Vacation: Days #8 and 9

On Monday, Jon & I kind of tag teamed again...I brought the kids to camp, and then we both took Eloise to Tiana, where she proceeded to cry and fuss the entire time (seriously, how can she be in our family if she hates the beach?!!!). Jon eventually took her home, and I stayed at the beach with my mom, Kathy, and later on, Joe & Terry. It was a gorgeous day, but I only took 2 pictures...

Important business...or something :)

After I got home, Jon and Charlotte went sailing and I took Eloise and Henry swimming. Mamie joined us when she got home, and then she took Eloise inside so I could work with Henry on his swimming. We actually made progress, and I got him to FINALLY jump off the side into the pool--only in the shallow end, but we will take it for now :)

Meanwhile, Charlotte asked Jon to take her to rumba on the sailboat to "get a drink"...wise beyond her years! The first mate needed a Shirley temple :)

Yesterday we all went to Greenpoint. I've been wanting to go for a while, but unfortunately it was about 114 degrees haha. We still had a nice day though...we walked around, went to lunch, and then took the ferry to Shelter Island, another ferry to Sag Harbor, and then drove home. A lot of car time haha. We originally planned to drive back the way we came and hit up a winery and Harbes for the kids, but it was really just oppressively hot so none of us were all that interested. Plus, the kids kept reminding us that they had never been on a ferry, so they really wanted to take a ride :)

Obsessed with the dog groomer's window haha
"Did someone say 'dog'?!!!"
The old Greenport carousel
So cute!
Daddy holding Eloise (mommy gets too nauseous on the carousel!!!)
Then we walked to Claudio's...our meals were pretty terrible, but it was pretty, and little miss Eloise thought she was on stage haha. She had a blast!
Dancing and eating!!!
 
 
 
Laughing at his little sister :)
Desperate times...
Meanwhile, little sis is still putting on a show haha
And stealing everything within reach!!!
Finally, a ferry ride!!!
Same fake smile haha
When we were driving home, we got a call from a neighbor about a potentially bad leak at our house, and Jon ran out the door to head to RVC. Thankfully, it ended up being an issue with the sprinkler, which saved us approximately $10K! Thank goodness :)
Meanwhile, back at my parents' house, someone was deliriously tired...
Such a love
We attempted a photo shoot with Mamie...love their faces here. We had just put the ottoman so Eloise couldn't get out, and Cas ran and jumped over it like a puppy, not like the 105 year old dog he is haha. Clearly, they were both surprised :)
Love this one!!! :)
Later that night Jon and I went to Oaklands for a much-needed drink! Busy night down there with all of the fishermen preparing for the tournament...
Attempting a selfie...hysterical
The 2015 summer vacation fun continues :)
 
Xoxoxo

 

0 comments: