Thursday, July 9, 2015

Brave Girl!

A few weeks ago, Charlotte started telling me that she wanted her ears pierced. I dismissed it, because, well--I know my daughter. But she kept asking. We watched some YouTube videos, talked about the process, and I told her to think it over and if she really wanted to do it I would take her Monday morning before I went to the hospital. On Sunday night when I came home from the hospital, I saw this sign (courtesy of Jon, because she still had her cast on and couldn't write)...

Monday morning we went to the jeweler, and I fully intended to walk in and out. I even told her I really didn't want to pay for parking haha. But we went in, she picked out earrings, and got on my lap (a prerequisite!)...as they were marking her ears, I kept waiting for her to jump up and change her mind, but she never did!!!
After they did the first one, she was literally crying tears of joy, screaming "I did it! I really did it!". I think she even shocked herself :)
She went through with the 2nd one, and was just over the moon with her new earrings!!!
When we got home, she had to model for some pics so I could show Mamie :).
(And then she promptly threw out all of her stick on earrings!!!)

So happy for her...she loves her new earrings, and is so proud of herself!!!

Xoxoxo

0 comments: