Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Girls' Weekend

So, for Charlotte's birthday, Mamie & Poppy got her tickets to see Matilda. I decided to turn it into a "girls' weekend", and Charlotte was sooooooooo excited! After her Mother's Day tea, we left for the city for our NYC adventures :)


We stayed at the Hilton by my old apartment, which was fine. Again, Charlotte was so thrilled.


Little photo shoot :)






First stop was visiting Jon at work. Nothing like kicking off a girls' weekend by visiting daddy haha. Charlotte was as sassy as could be, she was really feeling her oats!

#twinsies :)



Then we headed to Grand Central, because Charlotte hadn't been there before. We explored and then got Charlotte (and Mamie) a Magnolia cupcake (absolutely gross haha...not impressed at all)! :)

So happy






Next stop was Build-a-Bear, which made Charlotte (and Henry) very happy.


Charlotte's new dog 


Henry's new dinosaur 


Then we did some more shopping and walking around, and I told Charlotte "only one more store". Of course the next store was American Girl doll store...I swear, you couldn't make it up! 

We are reading Grace's story, and this is the bakery where a lot of the book takes place :)



Modeling the French beret haha


After spending way too much time there, we walked away empty-handed because I was a mean mommy who wouldn't buy her another doll (she needs another AG doll like a hole in he head!). So even though I told her she could get an outfit for the dolls, or accessories, she was NOT happy. Remember I mentioned the sass?!!!


Thankfully Charlotte got over it pretty quickly! 



We headed back to the hotel, got dressed, and headed to dinner. While driving downtown, I think the highlight for Charlotte was the naked cowboy haha. Or maybe Times Square, because she kept telling us how beautiful it was :)

We went down to have dinner in Little Italy for old time's sake...I wanted to take Charlotte to the restaurant I used to go to every single weekend when I first moved to the city. The menu was the same, and it was just as delicious as I remembered!!! We had so many great memories there, and it didn't disappoint :)









Even though we were all tired after dinner and our feet hurt, we decided to go to the High Line...Charlotte kart wheeled her way uptown haha. 







Then it was time for bed. 
(Here's a glimpse into her future!)


Unfortunately none of us got much sleep because Charlotte didn't stay still for one single second, and the pillows were awful haha. Poor Mamie had Charlotte's entire body draped over her the entire night!

Anyway, the next morning we took a walk past my old stomping grounds...Old Castle and my old apartment, oh my! 



We made an impromptu decision to go to Ellen's Stardust Diner. I really didn't want to, because I know what a tourist trap it is, but I'm so glad we went because it was a highlight for Charlotte and I LOVED seeing it through her eyes. She was memorized :)








We decided to head up to the Central Park Zoo, which was a total rip-off haha. Charlotte was a baby the last time I was there, but I don't remember it being so small with so few animals. But Charlotte got some dipping dots and all was good :)




And of course, a photo shoot! :)





Then, after a mad scramble for some coffee for the adults, it was time for the main event! So exciting :)




The children were so unbelievably talented, it was just so impressive. And Charlotte's face was lit up the entire time, she was just amazed and having a wonderful time. I think she's hooked, as she keeps on talking about how she wants to "go back to Broadway!" Haha.

We had a quick dinner at China Grill because I wanted to see if the crispy spinach was as good as I had remembered (it wasn't!)...



...and we still made it home around bedtime! Henry was thrilled to get his dinosaur, quickly named "Strawberry Blueberry Twizzler Rocafort" haha. 

We were exhausted after a few long days, and unbelievably, Charlotte even slept until 9:35am on Sunday--that NEVER happens!!! She is up at 7am regardless of when she goes to sleep, so I think that's a good indication of all the fun we had :)

Such a wonderful time with my mommy and oldest baby on Mother's Day weekend! Charlotte has suggested that we have our next girls' weekend in Paris--I have to say that I like her style!!!

Xoxoxo

0 comments: