Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Schools Days, School Days...

Unbelievably, Charlotte started kindergarten today. I feel like I'm still in shock that our "baby" is old enough for school...makes me sad :(

We have been trying to prep her about what to expect, and she has been really excited about school. Especially when she found out Mr. Ferrone was her teacher, because, as she put it, "I've never had a man teacher" haha.
But this morning I could tell she was anxious...she could barely eat, and was uncharacteristically quiet. We had picked out her outfit a few days ago to avoid any wardrobe issues (you know, the ones she is famous for!), and she had already put in her lunch order the night before, so we really didn't have a bad morning getting ready...it was just that neither one of them wanted to eat :)
Here are some pictures of our big school girl! :)
She told me that when she grows up she wants to be "a veterinarian" and "a mommy"
And a few more of the goose
I don't really know what's going on here!
Being silly with Henry before we left
On the walk there she was excited, but when we got to the school it was sheer mayhem...just people everywhere. And I could tell she was anxious. She didn't see anyone she knew in her class at first, and some of the other kids all seemed to know each other, so she kept looking at me like, "you know I don't know anyone right?!". She was being painfully shy...even when Mr. Ferrone came over to introduce himself she would barely look up. Poor baby. I really felt for her…it is amazing how all of those feelings come flooding back :(
Here she is with her supplies and backpack...quite a heavy load for a little girl!
Finally her friend Claire showed up, so she and Charlotte stuck together :)
And before we knew it, they were off with their classes! Here was one final look back, no tears...barely a goodbye haha. Oh wait, I should clarify...Charlotte didn't cry, but Henry did. He was saying "I want my Charlotte, I miss my Charlotte". Sigh :(
I went to a parents' meeting for a bit after that, and then figured I would take Henry to the park for a special occasion since he was really missing his sister...
He had a ball on the swings...
...and loved these little cars
And even got to go on a pizza date with mommy :)
I can't even tell you how anxious I was to see Charlotte all day...by the time the kids were coming out, I felt like I couldn't wait another second to see her. When I first saw her, she was scanning the crowd for me and didn't see me, and she had kind of a frown on her face. Of course I started to get worried and rushed over to here, and I got this...
Ugh, thank goodness! It made my heart melt...I was so thankful she was happy, and she had a wonderful day. She couldn't stop going on and on about her teacher and how they have class pets (a frog, a tadpole, and butterflies), and how she had so much fun. She even told me about an hour later that she was the "line leader", and led the class around the school for their tour...doesn't surprise me  haha :)  On our walk home, she had to call Daddy, Poppy, Mamie, and Grandma to tell them all about her first day...so exciting.
Needless to say, this is how I found her minutes after we got home :)
Totally exhausted, but very happy.
She also ate almost her entire lunch, which was quite a feat!
Oh, and she told me they learned a song which essentially goes "Pizza Hut, McDonald's, Pizza Hut, McDonald's". I told Jon I can only assume they are doing a lesson on heart disease haha.
Anyway, it was a very long day waiting for our goose, but we are so very thankful that she had a great day...hoping she feels the same way tomorrow after school. Fingers crossed :)
Xoxoxo

 

0 comments: