Saturday, June 15, 2013

School's. Out. For. Summer!

Haha.  Charlotte and I have been walking around the house singing that song constantly, so I thought it would be an appropriate title  :)

Wednesday was Charlotte's last day of preschool, unbelievably.  They had a big party at school, and she was so excited!

Here she is with her "Last Day of PRESCHOOL" sign! :)

Image 1

Image 13

Kind of losing steam with the sign...

Image 2

…but more than happy to pose without it!!! :)

Image 3

Image 10

Look at how crazy this is…this is Charlotte on her FIRST day of school this fall.  Doesn't she look so much younger?!  It kills me :)

Image 68

Okay, back to the last day…here she is posing in front of the sign, like we do every fall and spring!

Image 9

Image 8

And under the big tree...

Image 6

So sweet!

Image 7

And once again, same location under the tree, first day of school and last day of school.  Such a big girl now!!!

Image 20

Here she is with Mrs. Brennan (left) and Mrs. Reddeker (right), and of course she was LOVING that glow-in-the-dark necklace they gave her haha

Image 21

With Hari…always need pics with her first friend ever :)

Image 23

So sweet

Image 24

Here they are on the first day of school.  Charlotte was SO excited to see him after a long summer apart, haha, and he didn't want to let go of her hand :)

Image 69

Now you want to talk about crazy…here is a pic of Charlotte and Hari on the first day of their 3 year old program!  They honestly look like babies here.  Her head didn't even clear the sign haha.

Image 71

And here they are on the last day of the 3 year old program, so exactly one year ago.

Image 72

Buddies

Image 73

Okay, so back to the present…I needed to get a picture with my kindergartener-to-be!

Image 25

Image 28

She looks thrilled :)

Image 29

And posing in front of the nursery school sign for the last time.  Sigh :(

Image 26

Image 27

Nicholas was feeling a little left out, haha

Image 33

After school, Charlotte was beat.  This is how I found her during "quiet time"…our 5 year old, who is going to kindergarten in a few short months, took a 2 hour nap on the couch :)

Image 32

I woke her up and then went to the bathroom, and came back and found that she had only moved about a foot haha.

Image 31

So I picked her up and went into the living room…nope, not getting up!!! Too much partying apparently :)

Image 30

Finally, she woke up and was in a happy mood.  She wanted some pics "on mommy", so I attempted to oblige.

Image 34

Then we realized that our eyes were coming out really funky, and she thought it was hysterical.  Note that she has one blue eye in the picture...

Image 35

…and here I have one blue eye.  And of course Henry was photo-bombing our picture, haha.

Image 36

The next day (Thursday) was Henry's last day of class, and Charlotte's graduation.  So much to celebrate :)

Henry has his "Last Day of ON MY OWN" sign, but he wasn't really feeling it (clearly)

Image 38

Someone was being silly.  I will let you guess who :)

Image 39

I love this picture…he looks so silly with that sly little grin.  I am guessing he was probably telling a knock-knock joke, or saying something about a "poopy head" or "pee pee head".  It is just so Charlotte and Henry though.

Image 40

Instagram version :)

Image 47

One more where you can see the picture!

Image 41

God forbid he smile :)

Image 46

Although his sister is more than willing to pose for the camera!

Image 42

Nice smile, Charlotte haha

Image 43

Overcompensating a bit

Image 44

Quintessential Charlotte :)

Image 45

Instagram version :)

Image 64

Here is Charlotte with her class.  They put on an adorable performance, but I am going to put the videos in a separate post because there are a lot of them.

(Note:  it is virtually impossible to get a good picture in this church…not for lack of trying, but the lighting in all of the rooms is just awful)

Image 48

Getting her diploma!  She basically tackled her teachers haha.

Image 49

As happy as can be!

Image 51

Cuties.  But I can't imagine wrangling all of these kids on a daily basis, haha…it takes a certain kind of person! :)

Image 52

Marching out with her diploma

Image 53

With daddy at the party afterward!  She hit up the donuts and apple juice immediately haha.

Image 54

I am fairly certain she is hiding a donut hole or oreo in her mouth :)

Image 55

Lots of attempts to get a semi-decent picture, but sadly, we failed!

Image 56

Nope

Image 57

Nope (I think there is another donut in her mouth…like a chipmunk)

Image 58

Nope. Can't get good lighting there either.

Image 59

Charlotte & Regan

Image 60

With my graduate!!!

Image 61

Mason was taking a picture with the teachers, and Charlotte just jumped in haha.  Apparently she thought it was a group photo!

Image 65

Image 62

With Julie, Ella and Bridget

Image 63

One last attempt!  It will have to suffice :)

Image 66

So that's it…our goose is headed off to kindergarten in a few months, and Henry is going to be in preschool…not sure where the time goes!  It really is true what they say about life with young kids…long days, short years.  Love my little family.

Xoxoxo

 

0 comments: