Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Beach Club Living?!

Everyone who knows us knows how much we love the beach, and how much time we spend there during the summer (and fall, and spring, and even in the winter sometimes!).  We love the beaches where we grow up, but since we aren't going to spend the entire summer in HB anymore, we need a beach alternative near our house.  So this year, for the first time, we joined a beach club…it is what everyone does in our area, and I figured it would give me some options during the week, so we went ahead and did it.  To say that Jon is skeptical would be a major understatement haha.  He hasn't been all that excited about it, but I am hoping he will come around :)

The weather hasn't really cooperated, unfortunately, so we hadn't made it down there yet, but we decided to try it out last weekend.  It was incredibly windy though, so we actually never went down to the beach.  Once the kids saw this kiddie pool, that was it…they weren't interested in going anywhere!  They played in the pool for about an hour and a half, while I sat on the bench wrapped in a sweater and towel haha.  I have a feeling this is pretty much where I am going to spend a lot of my days…sitting right on the bright yellow bench next to the kiddie pool :)

Image 46

Image 47

The kids were so excited to hit up the ice cream shop!  All bundled up :)

Image 48

Kisses for daddy

Image 50

My boys

Image 51

Silly.  No doubt Henry was telling "knock knock" jokes haha

Image 52

Image 53

We left about 45-50 minutes after Henry's nap time, and he was exhausted.  After we got them in the car, Jon said "Henry will be asleep in 20 seconds" and started counting.  He got to 2 before I turned around and saw this :)

Image 54

And his big sister didn't take much longer!  Busy day :)

Image 55

 

So I know that it isn't what we are used to, and we still haven't even made it to the beach there, but I think it will end up being fun for the kids this summer.  We shall see! :)

Xoxoxo

0 comments: