Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pride…and then some other emotions :)

Yesterday, I had my parent-teacher conference for Charlotte.  The teachers honestly raved about her the entire time.  Mrs. Brennan said, "we are supposed to tell you whether we think your child will be ready for kindergarten in the fall, and Charlotte would excel in kindergarten now", and then Mrs. Reddeker said, "Charlotte could TEACH kindergarten now" haha.  They said socially all of the kids love her, and she is so sweet and thoughtful.  Ahh…melts my heart to hear that she is kind to everyone.  I was so proud leaving that school, knowing we were so blessed to have Charlotte as a daughter.

Here is a pic of us leaving school…so happy with Hari and Nicholas :)

Image 21

I decided to take the kids out to lunch, and of course Charlotte wanted pizza :)

I kid you not, my mini-child ate TWO entire pieces of pizza.  For the first time ever.

Image 22

She was going to town!  (If I'd known she was going to throw it all up when she got the norovirus in a few hours, I might have stopped her!)

Image 23

That afternoon, Charlotte had a dentist appointment.  Last year, she did really well there…we had talked about what to expect, and she didn't cry at all.  So I had high hopes.  I could tell she was a bit nervous in the waiting room because she was acting all silly, but figured she would deal.

Totally normal behavior for a dentist's waiting room, right?

Image 24

But when they called us back to the room, everything changed.  She was hysterically crying, wouldn't open her mouth or anything.  I honestly don't know why she was so upset!  But she was very nervous and refused to cooperate.  The dental hygienist actually made me lay on the chair, put her on my lap, and i had to hold her legs and arms down like she was in a straightjacket.  All from a girl who was almost 5 haha.  Kind of stressful for all of us, and I almost felt embarrassed because the hygienist was trying to reason with her and say, "but I don't have any tools, I am just going to look with my eyes", etc…didn't matter.  Pure hysteria.  Good times. :)

To be honest, though, I don't think the hygienist handled it that well…she works for a pediatric dentist office, this can't be the first time a child was upset.  But she was acting all put out by her behavior.  I mean, I understand Charlotte was being difficult, but it seems to me like it is part of the job description dealing with kids who are afraid of going to the dentist.  The dentist is great, but I am not sure we will be going back because I think she could have been a bit nicer and more understanding.  Oh well…wonder if Charlotte gave her the norovirus, since she started throwing up violently within hours of leaving there.  Karma? Haha.

Never a dull moment, I tell you…never a dull moment! :)

Xoxoxo

 

 

0 comments: