Monday, August 20, 2012

Henry's 2nd Birthday Party

Okay, I swear I am almost finished with the birthday pictures…2 weeks after the fact, haha.  But I wanted to share some pictures of Henry's 2nd birthday party.  So grateful for all of our friends and family who made it to the party and came to celebrate with us!  :)

Here is the firetruck birthday cake I made for my little honey badger :)

Image 57

And here is a "beautiful" picture Charlotte took of me getting ready…she wanted to play photographer that day, and was going around with the camera just like mommy does haha.  I think she has a few things to learn :)

IMG 4269

Bad lighting here (thanks to Charlotte switching my camera settings), but Henry was so excited when he got up from his nap and saw the party balloons!!!

IMG 4271

Happy boy :)

IMG 4273

l have the exact same picture from his 1st birthday party :)

IMG 4274

All dressed and ready for his party guests!

IMG 4277

He is definitely up to no good here…about to do something he knows he isn't allowed to do :)

IMG 4278

"Are you watching mommy? Here I go!"

IMG 4279

"Okay, maybe I shouldn't try to jump off of the ottoman when mommy is standing right there…"

IMG 4280

"Unless, of course, everyone is going to laugh again…then I will hop right back up there!" :)

IMG 4282

Eddie and Tessa, same expression!

IMG 4284

Posing with Abigail (who is clearly paying absolutely no attention)

IMG 4286

Rare pictures of the two of us!

IMG 4288

IMG 4289

Henry sharing his food with Cas

IMG 4290

Kim & Abigail

IMG 4293

Clearly, the girls weren't very cooperative!

IMG 4296

The grill master hard at work, haha

IMG 4305

All of the kids (and Jess) playing with Henry's cars

IMG 4306

Little ham

IMG 4307

Still loving those balloons!

IMG 4309

Me & my Jessica

IMG 4314

Hugs for Aunt Jess :)

IMG 4317

Attempting a family picture, but someone wouldn't cooperate (as usual, haha)

IMG 4318

"I. WANT. THAT. CAKE!!!!"

IMG 4319

Still trying to get at the firetruck, saying "wassat?! wassat?!"

IMG 4321

Perhaps I am singing "Happy Birthday" a little bit too enthusiastically :)

IMG 4322

Blowing out the candles

IMG 4325

Patiently waiting for us to cut his cake

IMG 4330

Okay, not so patiently now…he can't take his eyes off of it, as if he doesn't trust that we are actually going to give it to him haha

IMG 4334

Henry still won't take his eyes off of the cake!

IMG 4335

Apparently, Jess and Jon were taking too long to strap him in…he had to take care of it himself so we could get on with the cake! :)

IMG 4336

No time to wait for utensils!!!

IMG 4337

MUST.EAT.CAKE!

IMG 4338

IMG 4339

Not sure why he didn't have a spoon or fork yet, but it certainly didn't stop him haha

IMG 4340

IMG 4341

Another attempt at a partial family shot :)

IMG 4343

Finally a utensil!  Showing Aunt Jess how to inhale the cake :)

IMG 4345

This is awesome!

IMG 4346

Amassing a collection of zippy cups, apparently!

IMG 4347

l have no explanation for this…Mike was sitting down and Henry just kept on going over to him and getting in this position.  Bizarre.  And kind of funny :)

IMG 4352

Buddies

IMG 4361

Again, no explanation here…he wanted to ride his balloon, and of course Jess was right there along with him :)

IMG 4363

Dance party time!

IMG 4366

Henry finishing the night off with a little break dancing…quite the 2nd birthday party! :)

IMG 4367

A big "thank you" to Mamie & Poppy for hosting such a wonderful party, and to all of our friends/family for coming to celebrate...it was a great night, and it was so wonderful to see Henry surrounded with so much love  :)

Xoxoxo

0 comments: