Unbelievably, our baby boy is 2 today!!!! I still can't believe it…so hard to believe he has gone from this...
…to this...
…and now this!!! Such a big boy :)
Here is Henry's little keepsake card that I made :)
He had a great birthday…Jon was on vacation, and so we had a great family day at the beach followed by dinner and cupcakes with Mamie, Poppy and Grandma. Lucky little boy.
Here are his birthday presents from mommy & daddy…we pretty much figured that anything we got him besides the tractor would be ignored anyway, so we didn't go that big this year :)
"Whoa! Wassat?!"
Like a magnet to that tractor!
"Here, Henry…I'll show you how to do it!" (code for, "get off of your new toy so I can use it" haha)
Thank goodness his big sister was willing to "help" and open all of his presents :)
He did love his new Cars book!
Perfect…riding the tractor while Charlotte reads to him! Best of both worlds :)
Back to reading...
Even as I was getting him ready for the beach, he couldn't quite tear himself away!
And to mark his 2nd birthday, Henry went swimming in the ocean with daddy for the first time (really swimming--out past the waves, haha)! There were some waves (although it doesn't appear to be the case in this picture), we were lucky that it was a pretty calm day. And unbelievably, I even went in…TWICE. Mark your calendar, because that doesn't happen often :)
Beautiful day
Cutie :)
And they are off!
They always love when Jon pulls them along the beach on the boogie board! Henry even went on the boogie board IN the ocean for quite a while…making big strides :)
Don't they look like an old married couple here…love it. They actually sat down while they ate lunch. First.time.ever.
More boogie boarding…lucky daddy!
I'm sure Pat and Tosh enjoyed getting buried in the sand :)
Henry's birthday cupcakes :)
Singing "Happy Birthday" :)
Digging in!
Mmmmmm
"I.want.that.one!!!" (when he saw the chocolate cupcake haha)
…but decided the vanilla would suffice! :)
Also, just because I think I will want this info some day, I want to include some details about what he is saying at this point…we are still FAR below the 100-200 words he "should" be saying at this age. Very far below, haha. But mommy is staying calm this time (or at least attempting to stay calm), and just patiently waiting (or maybe not so patiently waiting) for his language explosion--just like Charlotte's. Anyway, some of his words/phrases:
"Wassat" (translation, "What's that?")…we hear this all.day.long haha.
"Yes" and "No"
"Ruck"(s) for truck(s)
"Baby"
"I want that", "I no want that", "I want.that.one" (says this in the middle of the night sometime haha), "I no.want.that.one"
"Dada"
"Mommy" or "Mamamama"
"Mamie"
"Wane" for plane. And "wane" for whale. Haha
"It's stuuuuckkkk!" (for anything he can't move or open)
"Meat"
"Ice"
"Yacht"
"Boat"
"Mmmm hmmm" (nodding, saying "yes")
"Ducky"
"Duuuuu" for his doggie "Duke"
"Aan" for ant
"Beeeee" for bee
"Bug"
"Big"
"Uh oh"
"Oh no…." (always accompanied by the saddest face ever!)
"Owwwww"
"Where's dada?" or "Where's Mamie?" whenever either of them leaves the room haha
And he likes to make animal sounds as well: "roar" for anything with big teeth, including lions, bears, dinosaurs, etc. "Ssss" for snake, "cack cack" for ducks, "bak bak bak" for chickens, "ruff"/sniffing for dogs, he does a horse snort/neigh, "bzzzz" for bee, and usually some combo of "moo/boo" for a cow. He occasionally will say "baaaaa" for a goat or sheep :)
I'm sure that I am missing a few here or there, but that honestly pretty much makes up the majority of his language…feel free to start speaking any day now Henry---whenever you are ready!!!
But I do try to remind myself that he is a very physical child, and seems to be advanced physically when compared to other kids his age. He has absolutely no fear, he is freakishly strong (as evidenced by the alligator death roll he does every time we change him…yes, he still does that), and he is strangely coordinated haha. So he's got that going for him :)
We love our little honey badger so much…can't imagine life without him. Happy 2nd Birthday Henry boy!
Xoxoxo



0 comments:
Post a Comment