Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Balentime's Day!!!

That is what Charlotte calls Valentine's Day, so that is what Jon and I have been saying too, haha.

Valentinesday

Unfortunately, Charlotte is sick again with another cold/ear infection, and Henry needed to get his 18 month shots, so we didn't have very happy campers in the Rocafort house today.  I had to take them to the pediatrician's office this morning, where they both proceeded to scream the entire hour...I'm not exaggerating--the nurse closed the door and kept on coming in and telling them they had to stop crying.  At one point, I was holding Henry for his shots…he was hysterical, and Charlotte was crying uncontrollably and actually climbing up my back, scaling the furniture in the doctor's office to get to my neck.  I didn't know if I should laugh or cry, but I am pleasantly surprised I am not in traction :)

From there, the morning got even worse, haha…despite Charlotte's protesting, I got them back in the car to go to Rite Aid to pick up Charlotte's prescription.  Unfortunately, it was lunch time, so it was very crowded.  I dropped off the RX, walked around for a while, got on a long line, and then when I got to the front, I went to pay and realized I had left my wallet at home.  Awesome!  So I had to abort mission (with Charlotte crying, "but I NEED my medicine!!!" as we walked out) to take them home, feed them, and get them in for their naps.  So it was quite the morning, but thankfully things did improve from there, haha.

Despite the doctor visit and the kids not feeling 100%, we did have a good day…Jon and I got the kids cards, stuffed puppies (Charlotte named hers "Christina", then switched it to "Lovey", and named his "Cutie") and books, so they were happy about that and we had fun playing with our new goodies.

Jon and I had a nice day, too :)  We all made Daddy cards (even Henry!), which he loved.  He will get to enjoy a massage this weekend, and a night at the Borgata with his friends in March (hopefully he doesn't lose money this time).  And Jon sent "his girls" flowers from "Daddy and Henry", and bought me earrings from the place in the city where he used to shop for me back when we first started dating...I love them!  Add in the fact that Jon and I were able to go to dinner last night, and I fit in a spin class this morning (thanks Mom!), and it was a nice little Hallmark holiday :)

I was a little bummed that Charlotte missed her school Valentine's Day party, because they had been talking about it for a while and all of the kids make each other Valentine's, but I couldn't be that parent who brings in a sick kid when I despise said parents so much, haha.  I blame those people for our 6 straight weeks of sickness in this house :)

Anyway, these are the heart-shaped Valentine's Day cupcakes Charlotte and I made...

Image 71

Here is Charlotte modeling her new Rite Aid sunglasses :)

Image 85

Henry really isn't all that thrilled with our Valentine's Day cupcakes…he eats the sprinkle candies off of the top and then makes his "gag" face :)

Image 86

We spent the afternoon playing in Charlotte's room, and she kept saying, "come on Henry, be my Valentine" haha (actually, "be my Balentime")...

Image 87

Henry showing off his interesting moves during our dance party tonight

Image 84

Hope everyone had a wonderful day with their loved ones, today and every day :)

Xoxoxo

 

0 comments: