Unbelievably, Henry is 17 months old today…such a big boy! I am not sure why, but I always consider 18 months old to be a real turning point between babies and toddlers…I just feel like that is when they can really communicate and understand so much more--they become little people! And to think Henry is almost there is crazy.
Henry is such a love, and just so funny…he is all boy (except when his big sister puts him in dresses, haha), and loves trucks, cars, climbing, and scaring mommy by scaling furniture, falling, and attempting acrobatic feats :) He is a tough little kid, and takes falls/bumps/bruises/boo boos like a champion…this is very new for us, as we all know Charlotte is the opposite of tough.
Henry loves music, and sways/wiggles with the best of them…he has such a great sense of humor, and once he gets you laughing, he will do the same "trick" over and over and over! He loves reading books, especially ones with animals (dogs and ducks are his favorites) or ones about trucks. He retrieves the book he wants me to read, and then backs into my lap and points and grunts until I read it to him…I have no choice in the matter.
His favorite toys are his cars and Dora guitar…or anything his sister has (which is promptly ripped out of his hand). He is easy-going most of the time, except when it comes time to change his diaper or clothes…then he does an alligator death roll and throws his body around like you wouldn't believe, while simultaneously screeching like a wild animal (needless to say, it is getting rather challenging to change him these days--he is a strong little boy!).
Henry loves his blanket, and if we let him, will carry it around with him wherever he goes…he likes finding the tag, and he plays with it between his fingers and goes right to sleep. He is still taking 2 naps, and I am not quite ready to transition to 1, although I am sure he would be fine…I just kind of like our schedule now so I am not going to mess with it! :)
We haven't been to the pediatrician for a while, but I think Henry has definitely gained some weight…I am guessing he is somewhere between 23-24 lbs now (and yes, that is approximately 1.5 lbs less than his almost 4 year old sister!). Not sure how tall he is.
He isn't talking very much…my guess is that he is going to follow Charlotte's pattern of not speaking for a long enough time to make mommy nervous, and then all of a sudden start speaking in sentences. He says "dada", "no" (to everything), and has said "mama" and "Mamie" (not often)…he barks like a dog, and says "cac cac" for a duck (quack quack), and shakes his head "yes", but that is about it. He did start to sign "more" a few days ago when he wanted more food, so that is a big step (he has been selectively ignoring me when I have tried to teach him sign language over the past few months, haha).
Anyway, I was just looking back at some pictures from when Henry was born and wanted to share...
Here is Henry on his birthday!
On the way home from the hospital
Sleeping at Grandma's house (trying to stay away from Charlotte's coxsackie germs!)
Charlotte meeting Henry for the first time (right before she started crying, and then mommy started crying, haha)
Posing for pictures with her little brother :)
Just relaxing...
I can't believe how little she looks in all of these pictures! Her hair is so short…she just looks so young. Don't even get me started on the fact that she is going to be 4 in 3 months!
Thanks for taking a trip down memory lane with me, haha. Love my kiddies :)
Xoxoxo



0 comments:
Post a Comment