Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Eloise's 1st Birthday Party

We had Eloise's 1st birthday last weekend, and we were blessed to be able to celebrate with our family and friends. We really lucked out and got the most magnificent day of the year...it was absolutely perfect! Here are some pictures...


Birthday cake preparations...


The finished product :)


And of course there's never a dull moment around here...Henry had a cough since March 28th, had seemed like he was better, then worse again, then better...and the morning of the party he woke up feeling super lousy with a fever and bad cough again. Ugh. I took him to the pediatrician and she said it was a virus that had to run its course. As we walked out, he said he "really really" had to go to the bathroom, so he decided to water the trees haha. And then I had to text all of the families who had kids and were coming to the party...I wanted to give them a heads up that Henry wasn't feeling well--God knows I didn't want to be the mom who doesn't let people know when her child is sick! But surprisingly, a lot of them came anyway haha


Some of our decorations (before I put the flowers out!)



Eloise's 12 month banner


You can't really see the pics in the photo above, so here are some close-ups...





And her cute bib & hat...not that she wore either one for long! :)



With Uncle Ray!





Wish Eloise was looking at the camera!


I had a birthday dress for Eloise, but the morning of the party I decided I was going to put her in the same dress that Charlotte wore to her 1st birthday party, just for fun! Here she is :)

(Unfortunately, it was too long and she couldn't really crawl in it, so the dress was short-lived. Charlotte was walking by 1 so it wasn't an issue!)


I don't have any good pics of Charlotte in the same dress, but here is one where you can kind of see the dress! :)


...but back to our Eloise, with her "I don't know" hands :)


Yes, my child was chewing on a charger haha...oops






We had an entertainer for the big kids...it wasn't the woman we typically use for parties, and this one was kind of a weirdo haha. She made me stand in the middle of the parachute with Eloise, and neither one of us was really thrilled with the idea!


Eloise spent most of the party out of sorts...she was fussy and clingy and terrified that someone was going to take her out of my arms. I couldn't even put her in her high chair to feed her, she just wanted to be on my hip. I am pretty sure this was the only time she smiled all day long! 



Here she is with her future BFF Madison!


An ever so slight smile here too :)



Happy 1st Birthday Eloise!


Henry had already run away. He was really feeling awful :(


Henry is pale and miserable, and Eloise had that look on her face all day haha. Quite the crew!!!


Mmm...birthday cake!!!


Playing with all of the babies :)



Thank you to our friends & family for a wonderful day celebrating our sweet baby girl! We love you all :)

Xoxoxo

0 comments: