Ugh, where do I start here? Every year at Henry's school, the 3 year olds put on a Thanksgiving show. They start rehearsing and learning the songs in September, pretty much. And every day for the few weeks preceding the show, Henry's teachers told me he would absolutely refuse to sing and participate. They asked me to "encourage" him to sing (as if I could physically force the child to do that), and made it kind of a big deal. He told me "I no wanna sing", "I no gonna sing"…I mean, he couldn't have been any more clear haha. And even though I spoke to him about it at length, even attempted bribery, he wasn't having any of it.
So I knew the show wasn't really going to go well. My mom offered to come with me for moral support since Jon had to be at work, and I am glad she was there with me :)
I will show you the entrance video, which is pretty much all you need to know...
The fact that he had no hat on when he walked out was our first clue. My mom and I said at the same time, "he's not wearing the hat". Then, about 3 seconds in, he just ran right over to us, and proceeded to watch (and sing even) from his seat. He was actually shaking…physically shaking. So when Mrs. Burke came over to try and convince him to come back up, I knew it was a futile effort and told her not to bother. A herd of elephants couldn't have gotten Henry back up on that stage, and if they tried, the guests would have witnessed a whole different kind of show!!! :)
Here is Henry absolutely petrified :(
And then he was more than happy to simply be a spectator. He particularly liked the jacket that was on the chair…if he could, he would've taken the hood to sleep with haha. He kept saying, "it is so soft, its so fluffy"….get this boy a mink jacket :)
Notice that he is doing all of the movements that the kids are doing on stage. Kind of. So he was paying attention during practice, he just had no intention of performing :)
This is him loving that woman's coat haha
See, he knew what was going on! :)
So, clearly this Thanksgiving show was a bit different from Charlotte's a few years ago haha. But hey, Henry told us all along he wasn't going to sing, so it isn't like we didn't expect it…he wasn't trying to pull a fast one, he was trying all along to manage our expectations :)
Xoxoxo



0 comments:
Post a Comment