Well, we have started potty training. I never really had to train Charlotte…she was always good about peeing, and one day she decided she was ready to poop in the potty too, and that was it. Literally, not one accident.
Her brother is a little different, as we well know. I don't want to force him, and I certainly don't want it to become a battle, but I really want him potty trained by September when he starts school (they won't change diapers, so if he isn't trained, I have to always be within a 5 min radius…not fun). So, we started. He has been doing okay with peeing, as long as he is completely naked from the waist down. I just keep him in a t-shirt or PJ shirt, and nothing else haha. But the second I put underwear on him, he thinks it is a diaper and pees almost instantaneously. Grrrr. So that has been a little awkward…we keep him naked at home, but have to put him in pull-ups or a swim diaper when we go out or when people come over, so I feel like we keep on taking one step forward and two steps back.
And pooping is a whole other story…he did it on the potty the first day we took the diapers away, and then only once since. Instead, he waits until we put a diaper on at night and poops, which has been causing really bad rashes. But in order to put Desitin or A&D on, we have to put underwear or a diaper on (so he doesn't stain furniture, rugs, etc.), and then the accidents start. So once again, one step forward and two steps back.
Charlotte has been really excited about the potty training, and tries to help Henry get excited about it. Here they are going to the bathroom together...
I should probably mention that they are reading fishing magazines haha.
We have tried many different locations for the potty.
Hey, whatever works! :)
Love how Charlotte is always there for moral support :)
A pant-less fireman. Totally normal, right? :) Here he did have underwear on though…I didn't think it would be appropriate for him to be naked when Charlotte was having a play date haha.
Anyway, we still have a few months before school starts, so I am hoping it "clicks" one of these days…fingers crossed! :)
Xoxoxo



0 comments:
Post a Comment