Sunday, April 21, 2013

Happy Birthday Mamie!

Today is Mamie's 59th Birthday, and we had her, Poppy, Ray and Pat over to celebrate.  It was so nice to be together and celebrate Mamie's old age…I kid, I kid.  But really, we had a wonderful dinner (Mamie's choice--fusilli with meatballs and salad), chocolate cake, and red velvet cupcakes…I think she was happy :)

Here are some pictures...

The birthday girl with her cake, compliments of yours truly!

Image

And this next sequence of pictures should illustrate why it is so difficult to get a good picture!  Mamie, camera is over here.  Not exactly sure what is up with Charlotte's lips haha.

Image 2

Guys, I am over here!!!

Image 1

Yup, still not looking.

Image 4

Charlotte figured it out, and then apparently went crazy :)

Image 3

And here are some videos from our dinner.  I didn't get a video of the actual "Happy Birthday" song, because I was carrying the cake, but here is a reenactment.

And no family get together would be complete without Henry's knock-knock jokes haha. Love our silly little boy :)

 

Mamie always gets a little testy when I mention that she is "rapidly approaching 60", but I mean, come on!!!  I guess I will just say "she is traveling faster than a speeding bullet" towards a new decade.  One where her age will begin with a "6".  Is that better?! :)

We love you Mamie, and hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Xoxoxo

0 comments: