We are back! We had a great trip to Barbados--despite the horrible service at our hotel and rainy weather--but it is definitely nice to be back….we missed our family :(
But it was certainly nice to get away…I read 4.5 books in 4 days, Jon got to boogie board and surf a bit, we had a great snorkeling/boating trip, and got a lot of adult-only meals…much-needed. We are oh so thankful to my parents for watching the kids and allowing us to escape for a few days!!! Here are some pictures...
We arrived Monday around 2pm, but our room wasn't ready so we went for lunch at the Carriage House…here was our view for lunch (and it took about 1.5 hours for a hamburger and piece of mahi, so we got to admire the view for quite a while haha)
Here is the view from our hotel room…not too shabby ;)
Another view
We headed to the beach around 4:30pm after we finally got settled...
…it was a beautiful day!
The next morning we had breakfast at L'Azure…breathtaking views, terrible service. But it was nice to look out and see this!
Not a bad view :)
Jon admiring the view…or contemplating throwing a chair over the railing because we hadn't gotten coffee after 45 minutes. Hard to tell :)
Tuesday morning at the beach…little did we know it would be the last day we would see the sunshine, haha
Gorgeous
Perfect day on the beach!
You can tell that I took all of my pictures from the comfort of my beach chair! No motivation to get up :)
People were actually jumping off of that lower ledge…I don't think I need to mention that I wasn't adventurous (or stupid) enough to join them. Even Jon didn't have any desire to do it!
More chair pics...
ll
Our snail, "snaily" or "sammy", depending on what Charlotte wants to call him :)
Happy hour on the cliff :)
Attempting to take a self-portrait…not sure why Jon's head is so humongous haha
Happy hour = happy mommy
A nice woman offered to take a picture of us…our only non-self portrait, because Jon refuses to ask anyone to take one!
Back to attempting self-portraits again
Unsuccessfully :(
Trying to get Jon to smile…it is a rarity :)
View from our happy hour location
On Wednesday we went on the Cool Runnings boat, which was amazing…the first thing we did was to go swimming with the sea turtles. You can see them if you look closely...
It was really fun, although I wasn't too thrilled when I realized the turtles were swarming around me…because the guy who ran the tour was throwing bread all around me haha
Scary skies on the sea!!! Ominous looking :)
We were very pleasantly surprised to see humpback whales!!! The owners said they only see whales about once a year when they pass through, but we were lucky to see them a few times during the day…of course the first time, when they were really close to the boat, I didn't have my camera/phone, but this was the second time we saw them. We knew it was a big deal when all of the workers were out there taking pictures and videos! :)
Three whales, including a baby…so awesome to see
I admit these aren't the greatest of shots…every time they breached and I hit the button on the camera, they were already back in the water! Ugh
You can see a little fin there :)
It was raining, and windy, but I was still outside posing for pictures haha
On Thursday, our last full day away, we decided to go to Surfer's Point on the south part of the island too see if there were some waves…loved this sign they had pointing to Montauk :)
Didn't look too great, but then the wind (and rain) picked up, and Jon was able to surf a bit
Bundled up and ready to go back to the hotel, haha
I think you can tell by looking at our hair that the weather conditions were less than ideal :)
Here was a little homemade skate park behind the surf shop…think Jon would've liked to play on here back in the day!
Here is the view on the walk home from Cutter's on Thursday for lunch, which was the first meal we had with good service!
On Friday, we woke up early, hoping there would be good weather and we could go to the beach before we left…I think you can tell from this picture that didn't exactly happen! It was raining sideways, haha. The cab driver told us that it hadn't rained this much in a year…awesome :) Looks like the Ariola weather curse has now moved on to the Rocafort family!
Anyway, so that was our trip in a nutshell! Weather wasn't ideal, but it still was incredibly nice to get away and relax with Jon…thanks again to my mom and dad for taking care of Charlotte and Henry so that we could get away. Love you guys :)
Xoxoxo



0 comments:
Post a Comment