Saturday, August 9, 2014

Happy 4th Birthday Henry!!!

Our little honey badger is 4...how is that possible?! I still can't believe that our baby boy is 4, and a big brother! Crazy.

Henry is a love, he is so very sweet and sensitive. He loves to cuddle, and gives the best hugs.

He loves playing with Charlotte, they are best friends. And he is so much better than I would've ever expected with Eloise...when he hears her crying, he comes to me and says "mommy, our baby is crying"! :). He is always looking out for his sisters.

He has the most fantastic sense of humor, and the best laugh...when he really belly laughs, it is infectious--I dare you not to smile!

He is obsessed with all things dealing with fish and sea life in general. And now that I think about it, at his 1 year old photo shoot he was already picking up all of the crabs and inspecting them, so I guess he is consistent :)

He loves pjs, Paw Patrol, Bubble Guppies, and snack/junk food. He grazes all day instead of eating normal-size meals.

I think there is probably some speech therapy in his future, as the issues we expected him to grow out of have unfortunately persisted :(

Henry has been a good sleeper for years, although getting him to sleep now is another story. It is excuse after excuse, and he is sleeping in the same room as Charlotte this summer and has made bedtime a nightmare for her too. It's been difficult, and even though he still really wants to nap, we've contemplated getting rid of it--I think it's time, as much as it pains me to say that :(

I think Henry is right around 30lbs and 38", although I can't remember exactly (I blame the lack of sleep!).

I would be lying if I said Henry hasn't given us a run for our money this year...he is always on the go, he can be a big scootch, and he is NOT a very good listener. It has been challenging, but I keep reminding myself that "this too shall pass"! :)

Anyway, because we were going to be out east for Henry's birthday, we had his actual party in June so he could celebrate with friends. He wanted a "construction party", so of course mommy delivered (as usual haha). Here are some pics of his party!

Cake prep :)

Finished product!
Mini cupcakes
Favors
With the birthday boy :)
Basement decorations
Anxiously waiting for his guests...and a construction worker/performer he was kind of scared of haha
Cuties
The youngest party guest!
Doesn't this scream, "happy birthday boy"?! :)
 

Limbo cheater :)
 
Not so happy
Dancing with daddy
 
 
Charlotte certainly had a good time!
 
 
Balloon fun! :)
 
Happy Birthday Henry! ;)
 
Love

For his actual birthday, we were obviously at my parents' house...we spent the day at the beach and then had an awesome BBQ with our family, followed by s'mores and night swimming (two firsts for the kids)! So much fun :)

A train cake this time...kind of

Birthday streamers!
Birthday boy wake-up
 
Happy boy
Some inverted sit-ups for the bday boy haha
Eloise's first beach day!
Boogie boarding fun
Birthday pop!
Not exactly how the baby tent was supposed to work :)
Daddy pulling Henry haha
Birthday celebration in his pajamas haha
Probably telling "knock knock" jokes!
Happy Birthday Henry!
 
 
Attempting a family pic!
Love this series of pictures haha
S'mores!!
"Night" swimming
Right before Ray almost broke his tailbone...ouch
My boys!
Love
Cuddles for Uncle Ray

 

Such a great day. We love our sweet little boy so much and we can't imagine life without our honey badger. Happy birthday Henry!!!

 

Xoxoxo

 

 

 

 

0 comments: