Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sick of sick :(

Last week Eloise and I had a mild case of coxsackie. It wasn't nearly as bad as what James had, but still wasn't fun.  I had a 101 degree fever, which is unheard of for me--I can count on one hand how many times I've gotten a fever in my adult life. I'm usually 96.8-97 degrees...cool as a cucumber! And a terrible sore throat, followed by a few blisters on my feet and what could've been a blister or canker sore.  The sore throat was the worst I think I've ever had. Poor Eloise was cranky for a few days but of course couldn't tell me what was wrong, and then I saw the sores in her mouth ;(. And she had bumps on her toes too.  Poor thing really handled it like a trooper though...she never stopped eating, thank God, and besides one night when she was up crying a lot, she was really in good spirits.  Such a good girl. 

I thought we were out of the clear, but yesterday Charlotte developed a big blister on her lip. Could be a coxsackie blister, or just a canker sore...she has been cranky, and says her throat hurts too, but she has been known to exaggerate about that (drama? My daughter???).  And yesterday Henry also walked in from the beach with Jon and said he was freezing and was shivering...needless to say, he had a 100.7 degree fever but no other symptoms. And the fever persisted today when I didn't keep up with his tylenol/Advil.  So no idea what's going on...maybe the coxsackie hitting everyone differently? Maybe a different virus?  Either way, I'm sick of us feeling sick and ready for a healthy home again ;)

My poor kiddies


Fingers crossed everyone is on the mend soon!!!

Xoxoxo

0 comments: