At least I have a good reason for not updating the blog! On April 13th our sweet little Eloise was born. I was scheduled to go in and be induced on April 14th, but she had plans of her own…on Sunday morning, we were all watching a movie in bed and I got up to go to the bathroom and my water broke. This was something I hadn't planned for at all, being that it didn't break with Charlotte or Henry…so no idea how to get around my house in this…condition haha. We called my mom, and started getting ready.
Strangely enough, after 3 months of contractions, my contractions didn't get regular or stronger after my water broke…go figure. So after we got to the hospital, got all checked in and they confirmed that my water had, in fact, broken (not that I had any doubt), they started me on the antibiotics (they wanted me to have them for 4 hours before the birth). Not before they blew my veins 3 times trying to get the IV in…good times haha. They started the antibiotics at around 12:30pm, at around 2:45pm the anesthesiologist came and gave me the epidural (I still wasn't in much pain from the contractions…again, go figure…first time in months). After that, they made me lay on my back and immediately my heart rate skyrocketed and I couldn't catch my breath. I told them I couldn't lay on my back the entire pregnancy, that it made me lightheaded, etc., but they said I needed to stay like that. By then all of the nurses, anesthesiologist and my doc were in the room…I was pretty sure I was going to have a heart attack, and based on the presence of everyone else, I think maybe they did too! But as soon as they told me I could lay on my side (or until I told them I was moving to my side regardless), my heart rate stabilized and I was fine. After that, it was smooth sailing! I could feel the tightening of the contractions, but not the pain. At 4:30pm I started having really bad back labor and was in a lot of pain…my doc came in and said we were ready. He and the nurse prepared the room, got everything all set…I started pushing at 4:48pm, and Eloise was born at 4:53pm. A VERY far cry from my labors with Charlotte & Henry!!!! :)
They put her on my chest immediately, and let us just have skin to skin family time for about an hour. Then they checked her and weighed her…she was 7 lbs even, and 19" long. Our little peanut!
Here are lots of pictures...
Don't worry--I have many more pictures coming soon :)
Xoxoxo



0 comments:
Post a Comment