So, we have some big news…our family is growing again in April!!! We are so excited, and I am FINALLY feeling better now, after a really tough few months there…morning sickness was much worse this time than with Charlotte and Henry, and it lasted much longer, so it is so nice to feel somewhat human again.
Anyway, ever since we found out I was pregnant, we were starting to think about how and when we would tell the kids. Being that Charlotte has been obsessed with babies for years, I knew she would be thrilled. I didn't think Henry would care either way. Although about a week before we told them, Henry said, "I want two babies and a dog to come live in Henny's house" haha. Kind of sent me for a loop there!
My parents and James did insist that they wanted to be there when we told the kids (mostly Charlotte), especially because she is getting the baby SISTER that she has always wanted :) So we made a last-minute decision to go out to my parents' house on Sat night of Columbus Day weekend, and on Sunday after we went pumpkin picking, we let them in on our little secret :)
Here is the little display I set up haha. Each member of our family with his/her "essentials" :)
And a baby pumpkin for our new baby girl!
Charlotte was on to us right away….
…yet, she didn't really believe it was happening!
Henry just wanted the tractor by his pumpkin, and his snack haha. Totally disinterested.
Giving the kids their big brother and big sister books…Henry refuses to look at his haha. Perhaps that should tell us something :)
Just a little bit excited!
And here is a video of the big announcement! :)
Ever since we told the kids, Charlotte has been treating me like a celebrity. She said to Jon the other day, "let's just go look at her" haha. She kisses my belly constantly, tells me we have to start "nesting", and loves to do prenatal workout videos with me. She even wanted to help me decorate the nursery and offered to go into the attic to get the newborn clothes haha…I told her we have plenty of time.
Henry really hasn't mentioned anything about the baby. He does always go up to babies we see and wants to play and tickle them, but I'm not sure he cares that mommy has a baby in her belly. He saw Charlotte kissing my belly the other night and said, "I want to kiss baby!", so I went over, he kissed my belly and said, "stinky baby! Stinks like heaven!". Then he realized he got the expression wrong, and had to kiss my belly 50 times and say, "stinky baby! Stinks to high heaven!" haha. He certainly gets a kick out of it :)
So that is what is going on in the Rocafort house! Big changes.
I could blame the fact that I haven't updated the blog on the fact that I've been so sick (I really have been…it was debilitating), but that wouldn't really explain the whole past year haha. I will try to be better, I promise!
Xoxoxo



0 comments:
Post a Comment