Monday, September 24, 2012

Out of the mouths of babes...

Some funny things the kids have been saying lately that I want to remember...

We have been keeping Cas somewhat separated from the kids, because Henry is really grabby (that's a word, right?!) these days and doesn't look where he is going, so he is a pest and often falls on the dog while Cas is napping or whatever…and although it isn't Cas' fault, we don't really trust that he won't react one of these times.  So anyway, one day we put Cas in the yard, and he was barking incessantly, so Charlotte said, "If he doesn't stop barking soon, I am going to put him in a basket and send him down the river" haha.  Kind of dramatic, but I understand the frustration :)

I've also been known to say "for the love of God" when I am exasperated…I try not to say anything like that in front of the kids, but Charlotte has heard me mutter it once or twice.  The other day, something happened, and I knew she was trying to recall that saying.  She turned to me and said (with the same inflection and exasperation in her voice), "Lord in prayer!!!", haha.  Close enough :)

And Henry is picking up new words every day…I love hearing his little voice, and watching him try to find the words and form sentences.  The other morning he woke up and called me urgently ("Mommy!!! Mommy!!! Mommy!!!"), and when I walked in and saw all of his stuffed animals on the ground outside his crib, he got a sad look on his face and said "ohhhhh noooo!", as if they got out there on their own haha.  So, because it was still early, I took him into bed with me so I could wake up and he could watch a little TV.  When we were laying down, he kept on leaning over and giving me kisses on the mouth, then he would look confused, point at my mouth and say "Mommy hot", "Mommy hot".   I am pretty sure the phrase he was looking for was "morning breath", haha.

Xoxoxo

0 comments: