So, yesterday I chronicled Charlotte’s birthday, but in April we also celebrated Mamie’s Birthday, Easter and Jessica’s Birthday, so I couldn’t neglect to share some pics of those events too!
April 21st was Mamie’s 57th Birthday…yup, she is rapidly approaching 60. She looks good for her age :) The kids and I actually spent the week out at Mamie and Poppy’s house because all of Charlotte’s classes were cancelled for Easter, so we were lucky enough to celebrate with her.* Charlotte and I made her a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing and peanut butter cups placed to look like a tennis ball…or baseball. Or just a very strange cake, I suppose.
Unfortunately, despite our high hopes, it wasn’t as good as we had expected…a bit too rich for our taste. I’m already trying to think of a way to “fix” that, because in theory, it doesn’t get much better than a chocolate and peanut butter cake. But, I digress…
Happy Birthday Mamie! We love you so much :)
We also celebrated Easter out East. The day before Easter, Jon and I took Charlotte to Southampton for what was supposed to be an egg hunt. We missed the egg hunt, but we did have some time to play at the new park (which Jon declared must be sponsored by “Southampton Pediatrics Orthopedists” after we witnessed kids going down left and right!)…and in a move that was totally out of character, Charlotte sat on the Easter bunny’s lap!!!! And I didn’t even have to bribe her, ha. Here is the proof…
She said he was “soft” and “so nice”. Jon asked if he said anything to her, and she looked at him with an exasperated look and said “no, daddy, bunnies can’t talk!”. Silly daddy.
On Saturday we also made Easter eggs, which was fun…unfortunately, Charlotte and I did it by ourselves, so I didn’t take any pics (I was busy making sure we didn’t end up with broken eggs and dye all over Mamie’s kitchen…you are welcome Mamie). I also didn’t take any pictures of the kids’ Easter baskets or Charlotte looking for the eggs for some strange reason, so I am kind of disappointed about that. But I did get some good shots, so here are some of my favorites…
You might notice that there are more of Henry than of Charlotte, and there is a reason for that…Charlotte absolutely refused to look at the camera for most of the day! She wouldn’t even look in the same direction as the camera, haha. Clearly, we are going to have to work on that~
Oh, and I can’t forget Aunt Jessica…April 17th was Jessica’s 32nd birthday, and Charlotte made her a cute video:
The night before Easter Jess, Dave, Ray, Jon and I went to Rumba for a late birthday celebration. We had great food, too many drinks, and lots of laughs…definitely a good time, although it made for a somewhat difficult Easter morning when Henry woke up at 6am! :)
SO…Happy Birthday Mamie, Happy Birthday Jess, and I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!
Xoxoxo
*Just an aside, but Charlotte told Mamie she wanted to go “on vacation” at Mamie & Poppy’s house because she “can relax, watch Marley & Me, eat oatmeal, and watch Poppy do magic”. Apparently, she has a very stressful life at home :)



0 comments:
Post a Comment