Although I am still having a hard time believing that we have a 3 year old (that always seemed so “adult” to me for some reason), Charlotte’s 3rd birthday was quite a few weeks ago now! I feel like we have been all over the place since her birthday, but wanted to post some pictures from her fun birthday celebration with family and friends.
So excited to see her birthday loot!
Her gifts from Mommy, Daddy and Henry
Our birthday girl getting ready for her party
With Mamie and Poppy
The “Totnastics” gym at All American Gymnastics
All excited and ready for her guests to arrive! :)
And some shots of Charlotte and some guests…
These are the goodie bags Charlotte and I made for the kids…Owen and Jack Bodkin, Hari Sonitis, Sydney Kaufman, Ayla Kops, and Vincent Pavese were all there to celebrate with her!
The princess cupcakes Mamie made for Charlotte
Charlotte asked me to make her a “princess” cake this year…I went with the princess castle, and she was happy with the results :)
Here is the cake in progress…
And the final product!
The low point of the day happened right as everyone was eating (the catered food from Gino’s was yummy, by the way!)…Charlotte was sitting at the end of the table on a chair, I was over by the food, and Jon was about 2 ft. away from her. All of a sudden we just hear a loud thud, and hear Charlotte screaming. She literally fell from the chair, from her knees straight to her forehead. We think she just tried to move on the chair, and toppled over. Either way, it was horrible…I almost couldn’t breathe, I just had this horrible pit in my stomach for hours. She was so incredibly lucky…if she had hit her nose or mouth or teeth, we would’ve ended up in the emergency room on her birthday. But thank God, she was okay…Jon and I took her outside to calm down for a bit, and then she was ready for cake. Here is a picture taken just a few minutes after her fall (notice the purple welt on her forehead?)…
Unbelievably, she barely had a bruise the next day!
Anyway, after the party at the gym, we had a few people over to our house for what turned into an impromptu show by Charlotte! She had a great time opening presents, dancing and performing for the crowd. Here are a few pics of her performance :)
She also had a great time showing everyone her “new house”, and especially loved playing with Aunt Carmen down the basement! She found a new game; Charlotte rides Caroline. Caroline rides the surfboard. Carmen pushes.
So, that was basically a recap of Charlotte’s special day! We all had a great time (even though Mom and Dad had a minor heart attack when she fell!), and we are so thankful for all of our family and friends who were able to come and celebrate with us. Charlotte is a lucky little girl! :)
Oh, and I should mention that we went to the pediatrician for her 3 year old well visit…Charlotte weighed-in at exactly 25 lbs, and 34.5”, which was right around the 5th percentile! YES, you read that correctly—Charlotte is finally back on the charts :)
Henry also had his check-up, and at 8 months, he was 18 lbs, 2 oz and 27.5”…so I think he will outweigh Charlotte in about 6 months. It would probably be sooner if he weren’t constantly on the move…I swear, that child NEVER stays still! He is cruising all over the place, tearing into the toy boxes, getting into everything…he is getting much more steady on his feet, which makes me scared because I’m not ready for him to walk yet—he isn’t even 9 months old! :)
Okay, so that is about it for now. I will be back with some more pics from Mamie’s birthday and Easter soon!
Xoxoxo



0 comments:
Post a Comment