Saturday, December 22, 2012

Charlotte's Christmas Show

I feel like I have to apologize again for being MIA, but things have been crazy.  With the holidays and two sick kids (and a sick husband for a bit), by the time the kids go to bed, all I want to do is collapse on the couch and have a glass of wine!  So blogging has taken a bit of a back seat for the time being.

Just because most people wouldn't believe it, I took a video of Charlotte when she was sick with a cold and ear infection…here she was upset because I told her she had to take her medicine so she will feel better.

So sad, right?  NOPE--not when she has done it for 48 hrs straight!!!  I kid you not.  All night long, all day long.  You probably think I am exaggerating, but I am not…Charlotte is NOT one to suffer in silence, clearly.  I was ready to send myself to the looney bin :)  And of course, it happens to coincide with Jon traveling, so I was on my own.  Good times haha.

But after 10 days of antibiotics, she was better and excited for her Christmas show, which was absolutely adorable.  Here are some pictures and videos from the performance :)

Here are the kids at the back of the church

Image 4

The kids making their entrance!  Charlotte's mouth gaped open as soon as she saw the audience, and stayed that way until she got on the alter…hysterical :)

Everyone on the stage (unfortunately, the sun was shining through the windows in the church, so there was absolutely no way to see them clearly).  Charlotte is the one wearing the green dress in the front row, although it is hard to make her out :(

Image 1

United Nursery song

Happy Birthday Baby Jesus

Twinkle Twinkle Christmas Star.  If you listen closely, you can actually hear Charlotte singing :)

"Little Green Tree"

"Away in a Manger"

Shepard song…can't say I know the name of this one, haha

I asked Charlotte the name of this one, and she told me "it's just the bells song", so there you go! :)

"Jingle Bells", clearly a class favorite!

My personal favorite…check out Charlotte's little "yippee!".  Her first solo haha

"Santa Claus is Coming to Town"

Jon and I are hysterically laughing by this point because they had given the kids these gold halos, and all of the kids were fidgeting with them throughout the performance.  Charlotte kept on itching and scratching her head, so her hair was an absolute mess…Jon leaned over and said "she looks like an 80's rocker", so of course I lost it because he was absolutely right :)

"We Wish You A Merry Christmas"…I was pretty sure someone was going to get injured here :)

And the finale…too cute :)

Walking out of the church...

Image 2

Afterwards, I wanted to get a picture with my little performer…she was too concerned with the bell they gave the kids :)

Image 3

Closer…if only it were a smile :)

Image 5

And she had to get a picture with daddy too!

Image 6

Image 7

…but then it was time to hit up the dessert table.  As if she had never eaten before, she was hoarding donuts and apple juice haha

Image 8

Image 9

A few more attempts...

Image 10

Love my goose :)

Image 15

Flying with daddy…so excited he is home from his trip!

Image 11

Image 12

And after the show, I had to run to Home Goods really quickly…here is Charlotte making herself comfortable :)

Image 14

I know she feels at home when she starts to remove her shoes haha

Image 13

And that was her big performance day!  So fun.

I know I still have a lot of catching up to do, but I will get there eventually :)

Xoxoxo

 

P.S.--I thought I should mention that there was no gas smell in the room at United this time!  So, even though the director hates me now because I insisted she bring in experts to check it out, for the first time in 19 years the room no longer reeks of gas.  I consider that a mommy success haha.

0 comments: