Thursday, September 8, 2011

Teacher Meet & Greet

Today we went to go meet Charlotte’s nursery school teachers, Mrs. Hurlihy and Mrs. Lucas (and the helper, Mrs. Donehue).  I knew she was nervous about it, and she kept on telling me beforehand that she “doesn’t want to learn” and that she “just wants to be a mommy”.  The meet and greet didn’t go so well, though…she wouldn’t let go of my leg, and she was panicking that I might leave her there.  That, combined with Henry trying to wiggle out of my arms (unlike his sister, he would have gladly joined the kids playing), made for an interesting 30 minutes!

I guess that is pretty normal behavior for a 3 year old, but given Charlotte’s history with ballet and soccer and swimming, I don’t have very high hopes.  Next Tuesday is “orientation”, where they only go to school for 1 hour…same thing on Thursday, and then on Friday they go for an hour and a half.  Mrs. H said that usually they ask parents to just drop off the kids and leave immediately, so as to ease the separation problems, but they don’t like doing that during orientation week (lest the kids get a negative association with school).  I get it, but I am so not looking forward to next week…there is NO way I am getting out of that school.  And unfortunately, it happens to be right smack in the middle of Henry’s nap…luckily, my mom will come in on Tuesday to stay with him, but I am guessing Thursday and Friday’s antics will make for a very tired baby (and mommy).  Wish us luck!

Here is a picture of Charlotte after the teacher meet & greet…so happy and relieved to be home :)

clip_image001

Xoxoxo

0 comments: