Friday, September 16, 2011

Maybe school isn’t all that bad?!

Big improvements today, big improvements!  Charlotte was saying all morning, “I’m not going to get upset at school. No…why would I? That’s so silly! Mommy always comes back to get me”.  Essentially, just trying to talk herself into staying strong :)

So, we got ready, walked down without a problem, into the hallway, she said “have a nice day mommy”…and then realized they were going into the bigger classroom (not the smaller one they had been in).  Well, that set her off…her lip started quivering and then she lost it.  So, the director came over immediately, scooped her up, and said “goodbye”.  I left…and didn’t hear from the school at all! Not one phone call (unlike yesterday).  I assumed that was good news, haha.

When Henry and I went to pick her up, she was as happy as could be, and the teacher told me she had a great day.  And then the director came over and told me she was “like a different child today”…she stopped crying after a few minutes, fully participated, etc.

SOOOOO…I am mildly optimistic about Charlotte’s scholastic future now :)

We shall see what happens on Tuesday…I’m hoping one of these days we totally lose the tears!

Xoxoxo

0 comments: