Friday, January 3, 2014

Merry Christmas!

We had a wonderful Christmas this year, and I am even writing about it within a short time (unlike last year)!  Here are some pictures...

Charlotte on Christmas Eve.  At least I can always count on one of my kids to pose for pictures :)

Image 1

Image 2

So excited!

Image 3

Attempting a family picture.  Never ever successful, but not for lack of trying!

Image 4

Image 7

Image 8

Back at it! :)

Image

Henry hard at work playing with the cash register

IMG 4500

Cuties

IMG 4501

IMG 4502

Poor Henry was apparently starving…he sat there waiting for the pigs in a blanket haha

IMG 4503

"Hot dogs!"

IMG 4505

Once the kids got in their PJs, of course I wanted a picture…again, one child cooperates, the other--not so much!

IMG 4506

IMG 4507

Interesting faces :)

IMG 4508

Not going to make this easy for me!

IMG 4509

Silly goose

IMG 4510

IMG 4511

Flipping over Mamie's couches is lots of fun!

IMG 4514

Ham

IMG 4515

Then we moved the photoshoot to in front of the tree!

IMG 4517

She looks like she is 16 here

IMG 4518

Notice the stance…not sure where she got that from!

IMG 4519

Here comes trouble!

IMG 4521

IMG 4522

Always easier from the back!

IMG 4523

IMG 4524

Rearranging Mamie & Poppy's tree

IMG 4525

Hugs

IMG 4526

All of the kids were tracking Santa online, and their excitement was off the page.  They would run in from the computer room and yell, "he is in Ghana!!!", "he is in Senegal!!!", haha.  Unbelievably, they got PJs on and fell asleep in about 4 seconds because he was "just in London", and he could get across the ocean in 3 minutes :)  Hey, I will take it!  So much fun.

Here is the tree all ready for Christmas morning!

IMG 4527

Charlotte's letter to Santa.  That is obviously supposed to be "Merry Christmas", not "Mary Christmas", but close enough :)

IMG 4530

So exciting!

IMG 4531

IMG 4532

Where do I start?!!!

IMG 4533

With her rainbow loom…her favorite toy.

IMG 4534

A "fire dog!"

IMG 4535

So happy with her pooping/eating/disgusting Baby Alive

IMG 4536

IMG 4537

Future Nadia here :)

IMG 4538

Meanwhile, Henry was thrilled with his garbage haha

IMG 4539

A tired daddy with his golf clubs

IMG 4541

IMG 4542

Uncle James playing with the plane he gave Henry.  He may or may not be taking it back up to college :)

IMG 4543

Poor Ray only got in at about 1am, and was up bright and early to open presents!  Actually, it wasn't THAT bright & early, comparatively speaking…the kids actually slept until 7:30am.  I was up at 6:45am waiting for them to call me, and I finally went to get them…I told Charlotte I would get her (so she didn't wake at like 5am), and the poor kid was sitting in her room awake, patiently waiting for me to come retrieve her and tell her the coast was clear!  :)

IMG 4544

Uncle Ray taking a turn with the plane!

IMG 4545

Henry opening his "iPad" (aka, the leapfrog)

IMG 4546

Playing with his big plane

IMG 4548

Doesn't get much better than this for Henry!  Such a happy boy :)

IMG 4549

Speaking of happy!!!

IMG 4550

Looming with daddy

IMG 4551

My little gymnast

IMG 4552

I attempted to take many pictures with the kids on Christmas…not one of them turned out well.  But definitely not for lack of trying!

IMG 4556

Love my goose

IMG 4563

IMG 4565

Wouldn't be bad if Charlotte were actually smiling!

IMG 4567

IMG 4568

Charlotte looks like we are torturing her haha

IMG 4569

Bad lighting but she wanted a picture in front of the tree

IMG 4572

IMG 4573

Not sure what is going on here!

IMG 4575

Meanwhile, Henry was as happy as can be with his garbage truck!

IMG 4578

And don't forget the garbage!

IMG 4579

I asked him to take a picture, and he insisted that I take a picture of the garbage instead!

IMG 4580

IMG 4581

IMG 4583

Cute

IMG 4584

IMG 4585

IMG 4586

1

IMG 4587

Too bad James' eyes are closed…this would've been a good one!

IMG 4588

Dad & Mama

IMG 4589

IMG 4590

Daddy helping Charlotte with her Rainbow Loom

IMG 4591

Cutie pie

IMG 4592

Ray wanted a picture of himself to put on a mug and give as a gift…so here you go Ray! :)

IMG 4593

Another attempt….

IMG 4594

IMG 4595

Everyone getting in on looming haha

IMG 4596

IMG 4599

This was one of the funniest things we've ever seen.  Jon and I offered Ray & James $40 to get Henry dressed.  What followed was about 15 min of hysterical antics…by the end, they were sweating and exhausted ha.  I said, "how would you like doing that every day at 7:45am?" haha.

IMG 4600

Henry hiding from his uncles

IMG 4601

Uh oh!

IMG 4602

IMG 4603

Silly boy

IMG 4604

It took about 5 minutes to get the pull-up on...

IMG 4608

…and then another 10 to get the pants on!

IMG 4609

Such a difficult life :)

IMG 4610

It is like Henry is daring them to attempt the button down haha

IMG 4612

IMG 4613

IMG 4614

Here are some videos of the struggle...

 

Finally, success!!!  Henry is thrilled…can you tell?

IMG 4617

IMG 4620

He doesn't like anything close to his neck haha

IMG 4621

My loves

IMG 4622

IMG 4623

Here are the kids seeing the present Mama got them for the first time…Mama won "present of the day" I think! :)

IMG 4624

IMG 4625

Happy kiddies

IMG 4626

On the go…had to start them on the deck while they learn how to stop and turn!

IMG 4627

IMG 4628

Henry getting a ride from Charlotte!

IMG 4629

Sweets

IMG 4630

Attempting a pic with my Henry boy…this is even harder than getting a good picture with Charlotte!

IMG 4633

IMG 4634

IMG 4635

It involves lots of tickling! :)

IMG 4636

IMG 4638

And forget about a family pic…I am just convinced it will never happen.  Or at least not for another 10 years :(

IMG 4644

IMG 4647

And here are some compilation pics I made :)

IMG 7564

IMG 7562

So that was Christmas in a nutshell.  Such a wonderfully exciting holiday, so amazing to spend it with our families.

Xoxoxo

 

 

0 comments: