Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oh, Christmas Tree…

Well, I've been pretty bad about writing recently...I need to get better about it. If only Henry would go to sleep early, and stay asleep without me having to replace his pacifier 5200 times, I could probably get on the computer more often.

Anyway, like I said in my last post, two weekends ago we went to get our first Christmas tree. Jon and I never got one when we were living in the city because, well, I was always studying and then when I was done, we would usually head out to HB. Plus, the past two years Charlotte has really been too young to understand Christmas decor. But we obviously wanted to get one this year...a new house, a toddler who is beyond excited about Christmas...it was time.

So, after our unfortunate encounter with the sad-looking Santa, we went home to decorate our first tree.  One problem--we can't find any of our ornaments!!!  We have been getting some every year since 2004 when we got married, and we have no idea where they are (even Charlotte’s “my 1st Christmas” ornaments!).  We never had them in the city, and we can't find them at my parents' house or Jon's mom's house...they are officially MIA.  So we just went with the red/gold balls this year, which works for now! Here are some pics of our first tree :)

IMG_1381

IMG_1382

Henry just taking in all of the craziness…

IMG_1387

So busy!

IMG_1391

IMG_1392

IMG_1394

IMG_1398

The finished product :)

christmas tree

 

Feeling in the holiday spirit, I decided to decorate a gingerbread house with Charlotte a few days later.  Note to self: probably could’ve waited a few years for this project! A 2.5 year old isn’t able to resist eating the cookies, icing and candy simply because it would make the house look better…if I didn’t know better, I would think she didn’t give a damn about how our gingerbread house came out! :) 

I did manage to get some pictures, though, and Charlotte had her fill of the gross candy. 

IMG_1400

IMG_1403

IMG_1408

P.S.—my mom NEVER decorated a gingerbread house with me during my childhood, so don’t judge me for my lack of skills…at least I am trying :)


Okay, I need to get off the computer and think about going to sleep soon...I got a whopping 2-3hrs of sleep last night being that Henry woke up every 20-30 min fussing for his pacifier. I'm sensing some sleep training in our near future, because I can't make it much longer on this little sleep. 4 months is when Charlotte started sleeping 7pm-7am, and she never looked back! So it is about time for Henry to get on the bandwagon. Unfortunately, he is getting his shots tomorrow, and I think he's starting to teethe, so something tells me it is going to get worse before it gets better...ugh.  All I want for Christmas is 8hrs of consecutive sleep...actually, I don't want to be greedy, I will take 6hrs! :)

I will leave you with a cute picture of my munchkins, and call it a night!

IMG_1366

Xoxoxoxo

0 comments: